FILE ModeSearch the contents of your computer
- When you start DxO Optics Pro 8, the Organize tab opens by default.
- On the left side of the screen, use your computer directory to browse your files.
- Select a folder. The photos it contains will appear in the Image Browser.
- Sort your photos directly (i.e., rename, add notes, delete, move, copy, etc.).
- Select an image. It will appear in the central window. DxO Optics Pro will automatically apply the optimal set of corrections using the DxO Default preset.
- View your image before and after corrections by clicking on the photo.
- Select one or more images and click on the Process selected images button.
- After a few moments, the corrected images will be created in the folder you have chosen.
- The Customize tab allows you to fine-tune the corrections to be applied to your images. The number of correction palettes you can access will depend on the workspace you’ve selected (fewer palettes for First steps, more for Advanced user).
- The Process tab lets you follow the progress of your processing, as well as define image output conditions (i.e., destination folder for processed photos, format, suffix, ICC profile, image dimensions, etc.). By default, JPEG images are generated in the current folder with with the suffix “ _DxO.”
IMPORTANT: When you open an image in DxO Optics Pro 8 that was already processed using version 7, DxO Optics Pro will not apply any changes to it by default. You must expressly select the DxO Default preset to apply its version 8 settings.