Find out how to selectively correct colors with the HSL tool and the DxO ColorWheel. You will also learn how to make three basic corrections—specifically, how to edit a photo's white balance, vibrance, and saturation.
- The Hue/Saturation/Luminance (HSL) palette lets you make selective color corrections using an exclusive color-editing tool, the DxO ColorWheel, which features color channels and sliders that affect saturation, luminance, and uniformity.
- To adjust the white balance of your RAW images, DxO PhotoLab offers a number of presets that cover most light sources, including everything from daylight, overcast skies, and outdoor shade to tungsten and neon lights as well as other types of industrial lighting.
- The Vibrance slider lets you enhance the color saturation of your image while preserving skin tones. The Saturation slider makes all colors more vivid.
What you will learn
- Selectively correcting colors using the DxO ColorWheel.
- Adjusting white balance.
- Fine-tuning color rendering with vibrance and saturation.
Retouching your images in depth